Be careful what you open!
The development of preventative technology such as next generation firewalls, Anti-spam solutions and Malware protection, has made it harder for malicious files to pass through systems.
However nothing is perfect, so it’s important to stay vigilant when using email and browsing the web.
Data can be stolen, encrypted or destroyed in a number of ways. Following our 6 key principles will help you stay safer should the technology fall short.
- Don’t plug in devices you don’t know.
- Don’t connect to Public Wi-fi if at all possible.
- Don’t open email attachments unless necessary.
- Don’t follow unrecognised links.
- Don’t use work computers for personal reasons.
- Do ensure you have valid and up to date backups.